The N. L. Gault, M.D. Honorary Scholarship is offered to medical students who intend to specialize in internal or family medicine. Established by the late Royal C. Gray, M.D., University of Minnesota Medical School Class of 1925, the scholarship honors former dean N. L. Gault. It alternates annually between internal medicine and family medicine. Please contact the number below for information on which specialty is being honored this year.
The University of Minnesota Foundation invites nominations for fourth-year students planning to specialize in internal or family medicine for the scholarship.
Nominees should have:
- an above average academic record
- the caring qualities of a family physician
- more interest in people than in money or position
- an interest in the greater medical community, including international medicine
- integrity and hold values traditionally regarded as important in American society
- leadership qualities that generate respect
- a commitment to service
Students interested in being nominated should contact their advisor. Letters of nomination should be sent to Scholarship Program.
University of Minnesota Foundation
McNamara Alumni Center
200 Oak Street S.E., Suite 500
Minneapolis MN 55455-2030
For more information
For more information, please call 612-626-0619 or 612-626-8481.