Join Us October 15-16, 2021!
Join us for the annual Medical School Alumni Celebration on October 15-16, 2021. All Medical School alumni from the Duluth and Twin Cities campuses are invited back to campus to share in the festivities with faculty, fellow alumni and current students.
MD CLASS REUNIONS
Reunion gatherings will be held for the MD classes of 1961, 1966, 1971, 1996, and 2011, as well as the MD classes who were not able to have in-person reunions in 2020: 1960, 1965, 1970, 1980, 1985, 1990, and 1995. If you are interested in serving on your class reunion committee, contact Maureen Long at email@example.com.
Events will be held in person, provided it is safe to do so. Plans will move forward as though the event will be held in person, but an announcement will be made via email if it becomes necessary to shift to a virtual platform. Update your contact information to ensure that you receive updates about all Alumni Celebration activities!
2020 Alumni Celebration Highlights
ALUMNI CELEBRATION WEBINARS
- Addressing Health Disparities through Community Partnerships - Maiyia Kasouaher, PhD, Community Engagement Lead, Program in Health Disparities Research
- Advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the Medical School - Ana Núñez, MD, FACP, Vice Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- COVID-19 Trials, Bioassays, Databases and AI - Christopher Tignanelli, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
- Medical School Alumni Town Hall - Jakub Tolar, MD, PhD, Dean of Medical School, Vice President for Clinical Affairs
- Oshkii Ayaawag (Our Youth) - Anna Wirta Kosobuski, EdD, Assistant Professor, Biomedical Sciences, Duluth Campus
- Rapid Development of a Sustainable Diagnostic COVID Test for Minnesota - Andrew Nelson, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
- See the Next-generation Health Sciences Education Center: A Virtual Journey to the Vanguard of Health Sciences Education - University of Minnesota Foundation
- State of Medical Education - Mark Rosenberg, MD, Vice Dean for Education and Academic Affairs