David E. Karges
Dr. Karges specializes in orthopedic trauma and foot and ankle surgery. While he cares for all foot and ankle problems, he is particularly interested post traumatic reconstruction of the lower extremity.
"I encourage an open conversation with each of my patients to allow for a team approach to their complex condition(s). It is important in my practice that patients not only feel well cared for but that they are educated on their unique pathology and understand their expected outcome and its timeline."
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Orthopedic Trauma Association
- AO Trauma Alumni Association
- St. Louis Orthopedic Society
Awards & Recognitions
- Osteopathic Orthopedic First Place Scientific Resident Paper: “Open Reducation Internal Fixation of Intra-Articular Fractures of the Os Calcis: Preliminary Results,” 1992
- Distinguished Teaching Award, Department of Orthopedics, Henry Ford Hospital, 1993-1994
- “Top Doctor,” Hour Detroit Magazine, 1998-2003
- “The Best Doctors in America” Woodward/White, 1998-2009
- Life Member, National Registry of Who’s Who, 2000
- “Top Doctor,” St. Louis Magazine, 2004-2018
American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Management of acute trauma and late deformity correction of lower extremity injuries and correction of an acquired deformity to the lower extremity.
CentraCare M Physicians Orthopedics