Adam Sheka, MD
MD, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI
Hometown: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Undergrad: University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S., Medical Microbiology & Immunology
Medical Interests: Trauma & Critical Care, Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, Surgical Oncology
Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, reading, travel
Why I chose Minnesota: The residents here are fantastic, always have your back, and are fun to be around both at work and outside the hospital.
Hometown: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Sheka A, Wirth K, Ikramuddin S. Biliary complications after bariatric surgery. In ASMBS Textbook of Bariatric Surgery, 2nd Edition. 2019.
- Sheka AC, Wirth KM, Ikramuddin S. Preventing macrovascular events with bariatric surgery. JAMA 2018; 320(15):1545-7.
- Lee CW, Wilkinson KH, Sheka AC, Leverson GE, Kennedy GD. The log odds of positive lymph nodes stratifies and predicts survival of high-risk individuals among stage III rectal cancer patients. Oncologist 2016; 21(4): 425-32.
- Sheka AC, Tevis S, Kennedy GD. Urinary tract infection after surgery for colorectal malignancy: risk factors and complications. American Journal of Surgery 2015 (in press).
- Jankowska-Gan E, Sheka A, Sollinger HW, Pirsch JD, Hoffman MR, Haynes LD, Armbrust MJ, Mezrich JD, Burlingham WJ. Pre-transplant immune regulation predicts allograft outcome: bidirectional regulation correlates with excellent renal transplant function in living-related donor-recipient pairs. Transplantation 2012; 93(3): 283-290.
- Haynes LD, Jankowska-Gan E, Sheka A, Keller MR, Hernandez-Fuentes MP, Lechler RI, Seyfert-Margolis V, Turka LA, Newell KA, Burlingham WJ. Donor-specific indirect pathway analysis reveals a B-cell independent signature which reflects outcomes in kidney transplant recipients. American Journal of Transplantation 2011; 12(3): 640-648.
- Sheka A, Burlingham WJ. Review of Suppression and Regulation of Immune Responses: Methods and Protocols, ed. Cuturi MC, Anegon I. American Journal of Transplantation 2011: 11(10): 2256-2257.
- Altman A, Kizy S, Marmor S, Sheka A, Hui J, Tuttle T, Jensen E, Denbo J. Adjuvant chemotherapy for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: approaching clinical practice consensus? Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract. Washington, D.C. 2018.
- Joppru K, Wise E, Sheka A, Wirth K, Amateau S, Ikramuddin S, Leslie D. Prediction of 30-day morbidity after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy: data from an artificial neural network. Minnesota Surgical Society. Minneapolis, MN. 2018.
- Sheka AC, Tevis S, Kennedy GD. Urinary tract infection after surgery for colorectal malignancy: risk factors and complications. Academic Surgical Congress. Las Vegas, NV. 2015. (Podium Presentation)
- Hutchins F, Sheka A, Gaus D, Overby M, Poulson K, DiPrete Brown L. UW-Madison Global Health Institute’s Program for the Study of Language, Culture, and Community Health in Ecuador: an assessment of impact on global engagement. Consortium of Universities for Global Health Annual Conference. Washington, D.C. 2013. (Abstract/Poster)