Dr. Snow’s research focuses on the biology of muscle and nerve in the limb weakness of stroke, as well as on clinically applicable aspects of biological aging.
- Snow LM (2020). Normal aging: Cell death/apoptosis. PM&R Knowledge NOW-Online resource database for PM&R physicians. https://now.aapmr.org/cell-death-apoptosis/
- Snow LM (2020). Age-associated changes and biology of aging. PM&R Knowledge NOW- Online resource database for PM&R physicians. https://now.aapmr.org/age-associated-changes-and-biology-of-aging/
- Snow LM (2020). Neurological consequences of aging. PM&R Knowledge NOW-Online resource database for PM&R physicians. https://now.aapmr.org/neurological-consequences-of...aging/
- Snow L, Low W., Thompson L (2019). Distinct patterns of fiber type adaptation in rat hindlimb muscles 4 weeks after hemorrhagic stroke. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 98:266–274.
- Snow LM, Low WC, Thompson LV (2012). Skeletal muscle plasticity after hemorrhagic stroke in rats: Influence of spontaneous physical activity. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 91(11): 965-976
- Sanchez OA, Walseth TF, Snow LM, Serfass RC, Thompson LV. (2009) Skeletal muscle sorbitol levels in diabetic rats with and without insulin therapy and endurance exercise training. Exp Diabetes Res EPub 2009 Nov 23. PMID: 20016800.
- Snow LM, Thompson LV. (2009) Influence on insulin and muscle fiber type in n-epsilon-(carboxymethyl)-lysine accumulation in soleus muscle of rats with streptozotocin-inducin diabetes mellitus. Pathobiology 76(5): 227-234. PMID: 19816082.
- Snow LM, Fugere NA, Thompson LV. (2007) Advanced glycation end-product accumulation and associated protein modification in type II skeletal muscle with aging. J Gerontol, Part A, Biol Sci Med, 62(11): 1204-10. PMID: 18000139.
- Snow LM, Lynner CB, Nielsen EM, Neu HS, Thompson LV. (2006) Advanced glycation end product in diabetic rat skeletal muscle in vivo. Pathobiology 73: 244-251. PMID 17314495.
- Snow LM, Sanchez OA, McLoon LM, Serfass RC, Thompson LV. (2005) Effect of endurance exercise on myosin heavy chain isoform expression in diabetic rats with peripheral neuropathy. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 84(10): 770-779.
- Snow LM, Sanchez OA, McLoon LK, Serfass RC, Thompson LV. (2005) Myosin heavy chain isoform immunolabelling in diabetic rats with peripheral neuropathy. Acta Histochemica 107(3):221-229.
- Snow LM, McLoon, LK, Thompson LV. (2005) Adult and developmental myosin heavy chain isoforms in soleus of aging Fischer Brown Norway Rat. Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 286(1): 866-73.
- Sanchez OA, Snow LM, Lowe DA, Serfass RC, Thompson LV. (2005) Effects of endurance exercise- training on single fiber contractile properties of insulin-treated streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Appl Physiol, 99: 472-478.
- Thompson LV, Snow LM. (2006). Muscle structure and function. Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Secrets, Placzek JD and Boyce DA, eds., Hanley and Belfus, Philadelphia PA.
- Lowe, DA, Warren, GL, Snow, LM, Thompson, LV, Thomas, DD. (2004) Muscle activity and aging affect myosin structural distribution and force generation in rat fibers. J Appl Physiol 96: 498-506.
- Snow, L. (2001) Aging with a disability: Is it safe to exercise? Orthopedic Physical Therapy Clinics of North America 10(2): 251-263.
- Snow, L. (2001) Exercise in the treatment of eating disorders. In: JE Mitchell (Ed.), The outpatient treatment of eating disorders. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Wieting, JM, Snow, LA, Garon, BC, Hannibal, RR. (1999) Cricopharyngeal achalasia associated with dermatomyositis: A conservative nonsurgical approach to treatment. J Rheum Med Rehab 10(1): 40-44.
- Kirner, KE, Luedtke, D., Snow, L. (1992) The Shoulder; Prevention: There’s No Better Treatment.Swimming Technique May-July, 41-45.
- Dr. Snow teaches Physiology
- Neuroscience and Research within the Physical Therapy curriculum.
She also has educational focus in the biology of aging.
AddressRm 510D ChRC
426 Church St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455