Resources to support wellness, decrease burnout, and needs related to changes COVID has imposed on professional and personal life can be found below.
- UMN Students can schedule a COVID-19 test by calling (612) 625-3222 or schedule online using the MyBoynton Patient Portal. The MTest (through Boynton Health) can serve up to 1,000 students a day. (University employee testing is limited to those who have selected Boynton Health as their primary care clinic).
- Community Test Sites (there are more than 250 test sites across the state).
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Employee Assistance Program provides assistance for employees who need support with job concerns, family stress, and other issues. This free program is provided through Sand Creek EAP, an AllOne Health company. All consultations are confidential. You can schedule a phone or video consultation by going to Allonehealth.com/sandcreekeap or calling 888-243-5744.
CHILD CARE RESOURCES
Hiring In-Home Care
Faculty and instructors who wish to hire an in-household caregiver can advertise the position to University students and alumni through GoldPASS powered by Handshake, the University’s, no charge, central employer self-post system. By using GoldPASS powered by Handshake you are agreeing to abide by EEOC policy.
When you sign up on GoldPASS you will be asked to enter a website. You can use anything tied to your identity like your UMN staff page, a LinkedIn, Facebook profile or a family website, etc. Then make sure to use "Private Household: [your last name] Family" in the “Company” field when signing up as an employer. When you post the position, be sure to include as much information as possible. Below are suggestions to include:
- At least 3 qualifications
- At least 5 responsibilities (be as detailed as possible)
- Whether or not they will need a drivers license or vehicle
- If not, provide bus lines near your home
- Steps you commit to take to provide the safest work environment possible for the selected candidate. This can be a big area of concern for job seekers. Steps can include:
- disinfecting surfaces prior to each shift
- opening windows before and during shift, or as requested by the candidate
- wearing/providing PPE in your home
- hours you are available to work (examples below)
- 4 hours from 10 am - 2 pm
- 4 flexible hours between 8 am and 4 pm
Note: Please allow up to 48 hours for staff to review your employer profile and job posting
Identifying Available Caregivers
Discounted Child Care
- Fairview and M Physicians staff members' children qualify for a 10% discount
- The location is just five blocks from M Health Fairview Clinics and Surgery Center in Minneapolis
- They provide full and part-time care for babies (aged 6 weeks up to children in preschool)
- Everything in the Center is new, from outside playground toys to indoor art, music and library program
Enroll by calling (612) 623-7023 or visit pillarschildcare.com
Child Care Resources for UMP Faculty
Benefits and Resources For UMP Faculty
Visit Bright Horizons Benefits
Technology, Tech TIPS and LEARNING FROM HOME
Office Equipment and Supplies
For UMP Providers
Concierge, Counseling, Peer Coaching, Legal and Financial Counseling
- Username: umproviders
- Password: member
Additional resources exist for clinical faculty members through the University of Minnesota Physicians organization. Review the resources on the RESOURCE Intranet site. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have trouble logging in.
Vendor discounts, including T-Mobile/Sprint and Xfinity, are available to U of M employees. Learn more
Emergency Paid Leave for COVID-19
The University Emergency Paid Leave for COVID-19 is intended only for situations when employees are unable to work or work remotely due to COVID-19-related illness, or when they need to quarantine or isolate as a result of exposure to COVID-19, care for someone who is ill with COVID-19, care for a child whose school or childcare is closed or unavailable, or help with the relocation of a college-age child due to COVID-19. This leave appears in MyU.