In this self-paced online module, students and practitioners learn to understand the basics of interpreting, comprehend the ethics of interpreting, and understand the guidelines and pitfalls of interpreting.
To complete the training:
1. Watch the series of four videos at your own pace
- Introduction to Medical Interpreting (11 minutes)
- Medical Interpreter Examples (10 minutes)
- Guidelines for Healthcare Workers and Interpreters (15 minutes)
- Pitfalls for Healthcare Workers and Interpreters (20 minutes)
2. Complete the final assessment
After watching the video series, complete a brief assessment.