The Office for Faculty Affairs and Diversity oversees the Department of Medicine programs to support the mentoring, career development, and advancement of our faculty.
Our goals and responsibilities include:
- Enhance faculty scholarship through educational programs in scientific writing, grant proposal development, and project development
- Promote effective mentoring relationships through mentorship training, support tools, and oversight
- Oversee and facilitate the annual promotion and tenure process
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of a diverse faculty, with an emphasis on increasing the number of women and underrepresented minorities on the faculty and in leadership roles
- Connect faculty to relevant intramural/extramural career development programs and awards