We are strong and we are resilient.
On October 5, 2020, Fairview announced plans to reimagine the future of the St. Joseph's Hospital, our program's primary hospital. This transformation requires moving our program's teaching service and other rotations to nearby Woodwinds Hospital, a current participating site for our program's maternity care, neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and hospitalist rotations. Over the years, we have built a strong reputation and relationships throughout the hospital. Our program is already a member of the Woodwinds community, and our relationships will deepen with this change. Over the next few months, we will be working closely with M Health Fairview as we begin our own transformation.
We are transitioning our teaching service to Woodwinds Hospital in November 2020. Other rotations currently at St. Joseph's Hospital will transition over the next several months. While we recognize the repurposing of St. Joseph's Hospital leads to changes in the structure of our program, these things remain unchanged:
- We are a vibrant group of physicians, dedicated to learning and serving the community.
- We are committed to caring for diverse ethnicities, ages, and pathologies in the Frogtown neighborhood of St. Paul.
- We seek residents who are excited to train in an urban setting and dedicated to family medicine.
- The program home is the M Health Fairview Clinic - Bethesda, a community-based clinic within an academic health system that has access to resources of a large multispecialty system.
- The M Health system is dedicated to our program and to ensuring its success.
I am proud to lead this program of outstanding and dedicated faculty, residents, and staff.
Due to the timing of the transition, we will continue to work on a transition plan and post updates to this page as they become available.
Thank you, and we encourage you to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have about the program and our transition to the Woodwinds Hospital.