Month: May Focus: Exploring Gender Impacts of COVID-19
Month: April Focus: Gender Equity World Wide During COVID-19
Month: March Focus: Women in Medicine and Science Throughout History
- Timeline of women in medicine (AMA)
- Who Am I? Twelve Notable Women in Medical History (NLM in focus)
- 9 Famous Female Doctors That Changed the World (M.Giuliani)
- The Untold History of Women in Science and Technology (ObamaWhitehouseArchives)
- 10 most influential women in history of science and medicine (M.Ellis)
Month: February Focus: Women of Color in Academic Medicine and Science
Month: January Focus: Breaking the Bias Habit
Check out WISELI's collection of resources.
2019 Reading Corner
Month: December Focus: Gender and Leadership
- Gender-related differences in the pathway to and characteristics of U.S. medical school deanships.(White. FS, et.al)
- Women as Physician Leaders.(Cajigal, S. et. al)
Month: November Focus: GWIMS Toolkits
Month: October 2019 Focus: Gender Equity in Peer Reviews
- Are gender gaps due to evaluations of the applicant or the science? A natural experiment at a national funding agency (H. Witteman et. al.)
- Promoting gender equity in grant making: What can a funder do? (S.N. Escobar Alvarex, et. al)
- Gender and funding success (S. Appel-Cresswell, et. al.)
- Funders should evaluate projects, not people (J. Raymon, M. Goodman)
Month: September 2019 Focus: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence for Physician Leaders (T.A. James Travis)
- A Systematic Review of Physician Leadership and Emotional Intelligence (L.J. Mintz, J.K. Stoller)
- Relationship Between Emotional Intelligence and Transformational Leadership Style: A Gender Comparison (B. Mandell, S. Pherwani)
Month: August 2019 Focus: Sponsorship and Breaking the Glass Ceiling
- Academic Medicine Needs More Women Leaders (E.L. Travis)
- Sponsorship: A Path to the Academic Medicine C-Suite for Women Faculty? (E.L. Travis, L. Doty, D.L. Helitzer)
- Rational and Models for Career Advancement Sponsorship in Academic Medicine: The Time Is Here; the Time Is Now (A.S. Gottlieb, E. Travis)
- Sponsorship 101: Finding and Leveraging Sponsorship for Career Development (M. Stiegler)
Month: July 2019 Focus: The Role of Gender on Burnout
- Gender-Based Differences in Burnout: Issues Faced by Women Physicians (Templeton K., et. al.))
- Organizational climate with gender equity and burnout among university academics in Japan (Taka F., et. al.)
- Gender differences in workload and self-perceived burnout in a multinational company from Bucharest (AniĠei*a M., Chraifa M., IoniĠăa E.)
- The contribution of work characteristics, home characteristics and gender to burnout in medical residents (Verweij H., et. al.)
Month: June 2019 Focus: "Male Ally"
- How Men Can Excel as Mentors of Women (Bickel J)
- “We for She”: Mobilising Men and Women to Act in Solidarity for Gender Equality(Subašić E, et. al.)
- Allies Against Sexism: The Role of Men in Confronting Sexism (Drury B.J., Kaiser C.R.)
- Engaging Men to Support Women in Science, Medicine, and Global Health (Ratele D.P., et. al.)
- How Men Can Become Better Allies to Women (Johnson B.W., Smith D.G.)
Month: May 2019 Focus: Gender and voice
- Vocal Fry May Undermine the Success of Young Women in the Labor Market. Anderson, Rindy C. et al.
- The Sound of Power: Conveying and Detecting Hierarchical Rank Through Voice. Sei Jin Ko et.al
- Perceptions of Competence, Strength, and Age Influence Voters to Select Leaders with Lower-Pitched Voices. Klofstad, Casey A et al.
- Power Posing: Brief Nonverbal Displays Affect Neuroendocrine Levels and Risk Tolerance. Carney, Dana R. et al.
Month: April 2019 Focus: Micro-inequities in Medicine
- Micro-inequities in Medicine. Molina, Rose L. et al.
- Creating a Culture of Micro-Affirmation to Overcome Gender-Based Micro-Inequities in Academic Medicine. Silver, Julie K. et al.