Our program has ACGME Osteopathic Recognition and is supported by two premier medical institutions: the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic.
Residents are taught by nationally recognized experts who are passionate, dedicated teachers. Training is broad-based and includes procedures for comprehensive care.
We offer residents a small-town feel with access to big city amenities. The city of Mankato is about a 1.5-hour drive from the Twin Cities and a 2-hour drive from Rochester.
- Sports and musculoskeletal medicine emphasis with integration of allopathic and osteopathic techniques and imaging
- Daily didactics, monthly procedure workshops
- Scholarship incorporated into daily activities
- Longitudinal training in behavioral and community health
- Individualized education plan
Apply, benefits, and residency resources
- How to apply
- Resident stipends and benefits
- Mankato residency fact sheet
- 2019-2020 Mankato Residency Program Policy and Procedure Manual
- University of Minnesota Graduate Medical Education Institution Manual
- Support resources for residents (including mental health resources, well-being tools, work/life balance, and more)
MED STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES
Med Student Opportunities
We offer medical students elective rotations with us and the Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato. With advance notice, medical students can also visit our program and meet faculty and residents.
Family medicine rotation
The four-week experience includes:
- Three weeks at Eastridge Outpatient Continuity Clinic, working with family medicine residents or faculty
- One week on the inpatient service care team, serving with a family medicine resident and faculty
Medical students rotating with our program are invited to join us for our daily noon lectures. Lunch is provided.
Rotation housing and parking
What is the parking situation at the clinic and hospital?
- Free parking at the clinic and hospital is available on-site. However, there are reserved areas for patients and guests.
Rotation application and inquiry
We are available to provide medical students time with residents and faculty, including hospital rounds, clinic observation, and informal visits like lunch or social activities.
Mayo Clinic Health System - Eastridge
- Integrated care model, including behavioral medicine, chronic disease management, and support services (case managers, social work, and pharmacists)
- Five-minute drive from teaching hospital
- Teleconferencing capabilities for distance learning
- Diverse patient population
- Supportive atmosphere
Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato
- 270-bed regional care center
- Only residency at Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato
- Supported by the expertise and resources of Mayo Clinic
- Named a top regional hospital by U.S. News and World Report
Mayo Clinic Health System Eastridge serves a diverse patient population, living in and around the City of Mankato. Mankato is about a 1.5 hour drive from the Twin Cities, and offers residents a small town feel with easy access to big city amenities.
Faculty, residents, and medical students are actively engaged in community service.
- Care and education of providers for developmentally disabled adults
- Chronic pain management education
- Community education
- Nursing home care and research
- Teaching the fundamentals of osteopathic manipulation medicine to students in the athletic training program at Minnesota State University, Mankato