The Mankato Family Medicine Residency Program is currently sponsored by the University of Minnesota Graduate Medical Education program and will be transitioning sponsorship to the Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education. The transition in sponsorship will be in effect July 1, 2022.
Brief history leading to the change:
The Mankato program began in Waseca in 1994. In the summer of 2005, the residency program relocated to the Mayo Clinic Health System Eastridge Clinic in Mankato, where residents have served patients for 15 years. July 1, 2022 will mark the beginning of the program’s new chapter, as the academic sponsorship transitions from the University of Minnesota to the Mayo College of Graduate Medical Education. Residents from the Mankato Family medicine Residency program who complete residency after July 1, 2022 will receive their residency completion certificate from the Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education.
What this means for Mankato Family Medicine Residents:
- The program remains at current site (Eastridge Clinic in Mankato) with continued rotations within Mayo Clinic Health System
- Residents joining the Mankato program in 2022 will be employed by Mayo Clinic Health System
- At least 95 percent of current rotations will remain the same
- Shift of employment from U of M to Mayo Clinic Health System, including a change in residency stipend and benefits, beginning July 1, 2022
- Faculty will remain with the program along with a long-standing commitment to resident individual growth and development
- The program will remain a 5-5-5 program
- Further enhancement of strong relationships with Mayo Clinic consultants and leadership
Links for more information:
Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education links