- Will be eligible to apply for grant funding from PHDR
- Will receive our monthly newsletter
- Will have opportunities to receive pre-submission peer review of grant manuscripts
- Will be invited to "members only" meetings with national scholars in the Distinguished Visiting Scholar Series in Health Disparities
- Will have opportunities to present research findings
- Qualified trainees will be eligible to apply for travel scholarships
- Will have opportunities to get “sneak peeks” of upcoming funding opportunities
- Will have opportunities to participate in community volunteer events
- Will be invited to attend monthly program meetings and receive updates and announcements
- Will have opportunities to learn about community based participatory research/community-engaged research
- Will have opportunities to network with academic & community experts dedicated to health disparities research
- Opportunity to contribute to the program newsletter
- Apply for membership and maintain an active status by attending periodic meetings, conferences and seminars organized by the Program.
- Acknowledge Program affiliation when appropriate in health disparities-related publications and presentations.
- Provide updates on research projects being done by members' organization and publications in the area of health disparities.
Member categories include:
- Community members: Anyone with an interest in health disparities.
- Faculty: Holds a faculty appointment at the University of Minnesota and has an interest in health disparities.
- Trainees: Holds a training position with an interest in health disparities.
- University non-faculty and staff: Professional or Civil Service staff with an interest in health disparities.