Acting Intern General Pediatrics Outpatient Elective
Catalog Description: This is a general pediatric primary care elective. It will allow students to work closely with an outpatient clinical practice team to provide care for patients and families seeking ongoing pediatric primary care.
View site codes table.
Site will be assigned after drop/add deadline
|Students are assigned to clinics all around the metro, and this is decided based on the period as well as preceptor availability|
Required session attendance:
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode: Monday through Friday, clinic hours to be arranged with preceptor, no overnight call and no weekends.
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement (arranged or open to student scheduling): Open to student schedule. Two-credit version is available upon request (capacity permitting). Contact Alex Behrend (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule the two-credit version of this course.
- Demonstrate the foundational clinical and patient care skills necessary to provide care in a pediatric primary care environment.
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning and therapeutic and diagnostic decision-making in a primary care setting.
- Understand the role of primary care pediatrics in maintaining and improving the wellbeing of children, youth, and families.
- Demonstrate collaboration with the multidisciplinary team that works together to provide care in a pediatric primary care setting.
- Expand on an existing foundation knowledge base of general pediatric medicine introduced in the pediatrics clerkship.
Graded Components: Using the standard MedHub assessment tool; soliciting assessment from one or more supervising primary care pediatricians.
Grading Scale: H/E/S/N
Allow repetition of course: Repetition not allowed
Limited to Student Type: No
Course equivalency: N/A
Related curricular experience:
Course evaluation: MedHub