Surgical Subspecialty Elective
Catalog Description: Students will spend 4 weeks on surgical subspecialty services. This may be a 4 week experience on 1 subspecialty or two 2 week experiences, depending on the site. Clinic, consultation service and OR experiences will be available.
- HC - HCMC - 701 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN
- Available specialties will vary
- MC - Children's Minnesota - Minneapolis Hospital, 2525 Chicago Ave S, Minneapolis, MN
- Available specialities: Otolaryngology, Orthopedic Surgery, Urology, Neurosurgery
- VA - VAMC - 1 Veterans Drive, Minneapolis, MN
- Available specialities: Anethesiology, Cardiovascular, Ophthalmology, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolargyngology, Plastic Surgery, Urology, Vascular
Required session attendance: 5 days a week
Typical weekly schedule/Delivery Mode: inpatient wards, consultations, clinic and OR
Direct patient care: Yes
Consent Requirement: Open to student scheduling
Course Objectives: By the completion of the rotation, students will be able to evaluate surgical patients, participate in the operative procedure, and recognize post operative complications.
Graded Components: Clinical performance
Grading Scale: P/N