HOW TO APPLY
Complete the following steps to submit all required forms and materials.
- At the time of application, you must have completed or in progress 26 or more transferable college credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- In the secure Application System Portal, you will find directions for the required materials including the required University of Minnesota forms and supplemental materials.
- All materials must be submitted electronically through the portal.
- You are not expected to complete all aspects of the application in one sitting.
- The portal allows for logging in and out;
- Once you have verified your email, use the token password provided to sign-in here.
Applications will be forwarded to the Program of Mortuary Science for review once all components are received, to ensure timely completion, please be sure to provide any/all documentation requested as part of the application as soon as possible.
Step 1 - Create an Application System Profile
Applicants must have completed or in progress 26 or more transferable credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time of application.
Then watch for a verification email from “Program of Mortuary Science”.
- Your “token” is your password for logging into the system.
- If you do not see an email within 24 hours, check your Spam/Junk folder.
After email verification, applicants can log in here https://mortsci.med.umn.edu/admission/sign-in
Step 2 - Submit the required University of Minnesota Paperwork
Your Application System Profile will provide you with links to the paperwork/form you need to complete based on the information you provided when you created your profile.
- If you have questions about either the Change of College or Change of Campus forms, email the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about the Golden Gopher Application, complete the Office of Admissions contact form: http://umn.force.com/admissions/KnowledgeTCAdmissionsAskaQuestion.
Order official transcripts from all colleges you have attended and have them sent in electronic format to the Office of Admissions at email@example.com
Step 3 - “Note the date” of submission in your Application System Profile
You must “Note the date” of submission in your Application System Profile in order to advance to the supplemental materials.
- This is the approximate date you completed the University of Minnesota paperwork (see step 2) - it does not have to be exact.
- This section will be verified once the respective University office has forwarded your paperwork/form to the Program of Mortuary Science for review.
Step 4 - Complete the Supplemental Materials
Applicants are required to submit a professional statement and two letters of recommendation.
See this link for detailed instructions on the Supplemental Materials.
We strongly recommend composing your professional statement in a word processing software AND proofreading it before you copy & paste it into the submission area.
As you begin to think about who you will ask to write your letters of recommendation please remember:
Letter writers cannot be related to you or work for members of your family.
Letter writers should be your supervisors, mentors, coaches, instructors - people who have seen you work under pressure, people who can speak to the qualities that will make you a good funeral director.
All components are created & submitted electronically through your Application System Profile.
Note: The Right of Inspection Waiver is required to complete the Letters of Recommendation.
Step 5 - Submit your Application for Review
Once all sections in the “Overview” (the box on the upper-right side of your Application System Profile) are green, select “Submit for Review”.
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received and decisions are typically announced via email 15-30 days after submission.