HOW TO APPLY
Complete the 5 steps below to submit all required forms and materials.
Step 1 - Create an Application System Profile
Applicants must have completed or in progress 26 or more transferable credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time of application.
Then watch for a verification email from “Program of Mortuary Science”.
- Your “token” is your password for logging into the system.
- If you do not see an email within 24 hours, check your Spam/Junk folder.
After email verification, applicants can log in here https://mortsci.med.umn.edu/admission/sign-in
Applicants must have completed or in progress 26 or more transferable college credits with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Step 2 - Submit the required University of Minnesota Paperwork
Your Application System Profile will provide you with links to the paperwork/form you need to complete based on the information you provided when you created your profile.
- If you have questions about either the Change of College or Change of Campus forms, email the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com.
- If you have questions about the Golden Gopher Application, complete the Office of Admissions contact form: http://umn.force.com/admissions/KnowledgeTCAdmissionsAskaQuestion.
Order official transcripts from all colleges you have attended and have them sent in electronic format to the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Minnesota paperwork and the Supplemental Materials are completed in tandem.
Supplemental Materials cannot be reviewed without completed University of Minnesota paperwork like-wise the University of Minnesota paperwork cannot be approved without the Supplemental Materials.
Step 3 - “Note the date” of submission in your Application System Profile
You must “Note the date” of submission in your Application System Profile in order to advance to the supplemental materials.
- This is the approximate date you completed the University of Minnesota paperwork (see step 2) - it does not have to be exact.
- This section will be verified once the respective University office has forwarded your paperwork/form to the Program of Mortuary Science for review.
You are not expected to complete all aspects of the application in one sitting. Once you have verified your email, use the token password provided to sign-in here.
Step 4 - Complete the Supplemental Materials
Applicants are required to submit a professional statement and two letters of recommendation.
See this link for detailed instructions on the Supplemental Materials.
We strongly recommend composing your professional statement in a word processing software AND proofreading it before you copy & paste it into the submission area.
As you begin to think about who you will ask to write your letters of recommendation please remember:
Letter writers cannot be related to you or work for members of your family.
Letter writers should be your supervisors, mentors, coaches, instructors - people who have seen you work under pressure, people who can speak to the qualities that will make you a good funeral director.
All components are created & submitted electronically through your Application System Profile.
Note: The Right of Inspection Waiver is required to complete the Letters of Recommendation.
Step 5 - Submit your Application for Review
Once all sections in the “Overview” (the box on the upper-right side of your Application System Profile) are green, select “Submit for Review”.
Applications are reviewed in the order they are received and decisions are typically announced via email 15-30 days after submission.