2020 Resident and Fellow Commencement
It's time to celebrate our graduates!
In honor of graduates, award recipients, and faculty development, we would like your photos and videos for the 2020 Commencement Celebration to be featured in Sutori, a digital keepsake album. That's right, hype it up! You only graduate from residency and fellowship once, and we are going to miss you. So grab your family members and take a celebratory video or photo and post it online with the hashtag #UMNfamilymedgrad or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use any of the following social media: YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or TikTok.
Include features about your experience, where you are going next, and who have been your best supporters. On June 12, we are going to compile and feature your photos and videos to share with people across the UMN Department of Family Medicine and Community Health. Don't stop on June 12! Log on and share your comments, congrats, and memories using #UMNfamilymedgrad. We will update the Sutori album as more media is posted.
Join us here on June 12 at 6 p.m. for the following:
- Congratulations message from Jim Pacala, MD, MS, University of Minnesota Department of Family Medicine Head
- Congratulations and recognition to all graduates from their program directors
- Recognition of faculty development in Teaching, Evaluation, and Curriculum for Healthcare Professionals (TEACH) and Collaborative Scholarship Intensive (CSI)
- Resident and Teacher awards: We are working to surprise our award recipients as much as possible. See their reactions and congratulate them!
- Leonard P. Burke, MD, Memorial Award
- Excellence in Scholarship Award
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Resident Teacher Award
- Faculty Teaching Award
- Affiliate Teaching Award
Can't make it on June 12 at 6 p.m.? No worries! Log on any time after June 12 to view and comment. We will share the link on this page when it's ready to go. You will be able to view the online celebratory materials until July 30, 2020.
We honor and celebrate you
The Department of Family Medicine and Community Health congratulates the 2020 graduates. We are in awe of your strength. We thank the families and friends of our graduates who have shown tremendous support and understanding while we all strive to work through unprecedented challenges. We remain committed to recognizing this year's graduates—the sacrifices you have made as well as the example of resilience you continue to demonstrate day by day.
We look forward to sharing your photos and videos
Help us celebrate you! Post photos and videos to social media using #UMNFamilyMedGrad or send them to email@example.com.