5th Annual 3-Minute Thesis Competition
The Graduate School at the University of Minnesota is proud to host a virtual 3-Minute Thesis (3MT) competition this year. Originally established by the University of Queensland (UQ) in 2008, the competition challenges research students to communicate the significance of their projects to a general audience in just three minutes, with the aid of a single, static slide.
Date: Friday, November 13, 2020
Time: Presentations: 10:00 a.m. | Winner Selected and Announced: 11:00-11:30 a.m.
Place: Virtual, via Zoom
Register now for this entertaining and fast-paced event!
The student selected as the winner will represent the University of Minnesota at the Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools (MAGS) 3-Minute Thesis competition. In addition, participants will be invited to present their research at an upcoming Board of Regents meeting.
One graduate student from each of the following colleges will be participating in this event:
- College of Education & Human Development
- College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Science & Engineering
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Dr. Katherine Crawford Luber, Director and President, Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Dr. Jokho Farah, Chief Information Officer and Chief Quality Officer, People's Center Clinics and Services
- Kao Ly Ilean Her, University of Minnesota Regent, Chief Executive Officer of the Hmong Elders Center
- Thor Hong, International Relations Analyst, US Department of Labor
- Dr. Josephine Martin, Senior Manager, International Regulatory Affairs, Cepheid