BGREAT 3-Minute Thesis Competition
What is the 3MT?
An 80,000 word thesis would take 9 hours to present. The 3MT time limit ... 3 minutes.
- The 3-Minute Thesis (3MT®) is a research communication competition that challenges students to communicate the significance of their projects without the use of props or industry jargon, in just three minutes.
- Originally established by the University of Queensland (UQ) in 2008, the competition challenges research students to communicate the significance of their projects in just three minutes, with the aid of a single, static slide.
University-wide 3MT Competition
- The Graduate School hosts a University-wide competition held every November.
- All active graduate students who have advanced from their collegiate competition are eligible.
- Previous 3MT winners (first prize, runner-up, and people's choice) are not eligible to compete a second time.
The 2021 University-wide 3MT Competition will be held Friday, November 12, from 10:00-11:30 a.m. at Coffman Theater. The format will be hybrid, where presenters and attendees can participate in-person or online. See the following link for more details: https://grad.umn.edu/academic-career-support/three-minute-thesis