Cohn Appointed to HHS Advisory Committee
Claudia Cohn has been appointed the Advisory Committee on Blood and Tissue Safety and Availability.
ACBTSA is a 31-member federal advisory committee that provides advice to the Secretary of Health and Human Services through the Assistant Secretary for Health on a range of policy issues related to blood, blood products, and tissues including:
- Identification of public health issues through surveillance of blood and tissue safety issues.
- Identification of public health issues that affect availability of blood, blood products, and tissues; broad public health, ethical and legal issues related to the safety of blood, blood products, and tissues.
- Exploring the impact of various economic factors (e.g., product cost and supply) on safety and availability of blood, blood products, and tissues.
- Analyzing risk communications related to blood transfusion and tissue transplantation.
- Identification of infectious disease transmission issues for blood, organs, blood stem cells and tissues.