Match Day 2022 Results: Department of Surgery
Author: | March 18, 2022
Today, Friday, March 18 is Match Day! The day when the National Resident Matching Program releases results to applicants seeking residency and fellowship training positions in the United States. This was another momentous recruitment season as all trainee programs operated through 100 percent virtual recruitment. We want to thank everyone who helped support this fantastic year!
General Surgery Residency Program
The Surgery Education Office, under the direction of Program Director and Vice-Chair of Education, Melissa Brunsvold, MD, and supported by Education Manager, Jessica Andersen, C-TAGME, and Program Administrator, Serena Jones-White, are to be congratulated for their incredible work recruiting this outstanding group of incoming residents.
- Reid Burch | Oregon Health & Science University School of Medicine
- Mohammad Qrareya | An-Najah National University
- Sarah Larson | University of Minnesota Medical School
- Abraham Williams | University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Miranda Considine | Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine of Midwestern University
- Theodore Hagmann | University of Minnesota Medical School
- Michelle Hayes | University of Minnesota Medical School
- Sruthi Shankar | University of Minnesota Medical School
- Niveditha Jagadesh | Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Anmol Nigam | Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Chidiebere Onongaya | Tufts University School of Medicine
- Myriam Benchiba-Charron | University College Cork
Integrated Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Residency Program
We are very grateful for our dedicated faculty members who participated in application review and/or interviews this year (Drs. Jo Barta, Marie Claire Buckley, Cenk Cayci, Umar Choudry, Cherrie Heinrich, Chris Hillard, George Landis, Peter Letourneau, Paul Lim, Ashish Mahajan, Warren Schubert, Tom Suszynski, Sue Mi Tuttle, and Jon Witzke), and to all of our current residents, who played a vital role in showcasing our program during virtual "meet & greets" and interviews!
- Henry Marsh | University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Nolan Schwarz | University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Integrated Vascular Surgery Residency Program
The Division of Vascular Surgery and the Surgical Education Office, under the direction of Program Director, R. James Valentine, MD, and Associate Program Director, Julie Duke, MD, is to be congratulated for their remarkable work recruiting an excellent incoming resident.
- Zachary German | Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
We send our thanks to all of the faculty and trainees who participated in recruitment activities this year.
As always it is an honor to serve you.
Sayeed Ikramuddin, MD, MHA
Chair, Department of Surgery
Jay Phillips Professor
Melissa Brunsvold, MD FACS FCCM
Professor of Surgery
Vice-Chair for Education, Surgery
Program Director, General Surgery Residency
M Health System Medical Director, ECMO