Sneak-Peak of the Birthplace
Take a sneak-peak at the new state-of-the-art upgrades that were added to the Birthplace and the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital NICU.
Patients will have access to expert care from a wide spectrum of specialties. Our providers are skilled in the latest non-invasive treatments, innovative birth techniques and life-saving procedures, giving expectant mothers and their families’ peace of mind and body.
Our best-in-marketplace room amenities include:
- Microwaves and refrigerators
- Flat-panel TVs
- Private bathrooms with bathtubs in most rooms
- Floor to ceiling windows with skyline views
- Nearby nursing stations, family rooms, and a patient education room
- Outpatient lactation services
- Modern, well-appointed rooms that are welcoming and comfortable to enhance the overall patient experience
“New mothers can look forward to state-of-the-art medical monitoring,” said Carrie Terrell, MD, the medical director for Women’s Health Specialists. “They will also have a well-designed area for recovery from delivery or cesarean or to establish breastfeeding, and in-room soaking tubs. For convenience, the NICU is readily accessible from the unit.”
See a few photos of the remodel below: