Dermatology Research Day 2022
April 11, 2022
The Department of Dermatology’s 17th Annual Research Day was held on Wednesday, March 9, 2022, with over 50 faculty, staff, residents, students and researchers attending. The event featured guest, faculty, and trainee presenters.
Guest speakers were from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai:
- Andrew Ji, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, “Single-cell and Spatial Dissection of Epidermal Homeostasis and Neoplasia”
- Brian Kim, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Dermatology, “Neuroimmune Regulation of Itch"
Faculty speakers were:
- Christina Boull, MD, Assistant Professor, “A beginner's guide to academic medicine”
- Sara Hylwa-Deufel, MD, Assistant Professor, “Highlights from the Park Nicollet contact dermatitis clinic”
- Noah Goldfarb, MD, Assistant Professor, “Novel methods to measure hidradenitis suppurativa severity”
- Mei Bigliardi-Qi, PhD, Associate Professor, “Light and human skin circadian rhythms”
- Javed Shaik, PhD, Assistant Professor, “Platelet rich plasma: growth factors in therapeutic response to pattern hair loss”
Presentations by trainees are a highlight of Research Day. This year, 32 outstanding poster abstracts were submitted and judged by an expert panel at a poster session held on March 4th. Congratulations to the four recipients of the abstract awards, who also shared their work on Research Day.
Most Outstanding Research Contribution Award:
- Shoshana Blumenthal, MD, “Periocular Mohs reconstruction by periosteal flap: A retrospective study"
- Morgan Dykman, MS2, “Transition of care in patients with epidermolysis bullosa: A survey study”
- Madison Ernst, MS3, “The mixed spongiotic and interface reaction pattern: A study of clinical and histopathologic findings”
- Hadley Johnson, MS3, “The risk of skin cancer development in patients with autoimmune connective tissue disease who are systemically immunosuppressed: A retrospective cohort study”