Administrative Tools and Resources
Brianna Vitands is the Communications Specialist for the Department of Orthopedic Surgery. Brianna is here to help our faculty, residents, and staff in orthopedic surgery with all of their communication needs, including website assistance, printing needs, addressing and mailing needs, and many other communication-related requests. You can reach her at email@example.com or 612-273-8077.
Office of Information Technology offers numerous general technology services, including:
- 1-HELP: Offers general information technology support for UMN faculty, staff, and students.
- Voice Network Services: Provides UMN end users with telephone service over both a traditional private branch exchange as well as a voice over internet protocol.
- Video conferencing and support: A toolbox for end users and connected services to manage online media assets throughout the entire lifecycle of that asset (creation, distribution, retirement).
- UMConnect web presentations and conferencing: Allows UMN faculty, staff, and students to use UMN-supported technologies to communicate with large audiences, small groups, or individuals.
- Conference and Event Services: Helps plan and provides venues and permits for conferences and events at UMN.
- University Information Security Services: Enables faculty and staff to use common information security practices that are available to the University of Minnesota community.
Provides printing, copying, and design services for creating stationary, handouts, and other communications documents while being mindful of UMN branding policies.
Addressing and Mailing Services
Addressing and Mailing Services is available to handle small or large on-campus or off-campus mailings. Services include mailing list maintenance, label generation, machine or hand labeling and inserting, ink jet addressing, weighing and metering, and delivery to the post office.
Signs and Graphics Unit
Offers the latest technology in digital printing, including custom banners and signage, name tags, and rental of table top displays for conferences and events.
University Imaging Centers (UIC)
Offers poster and 3D printing services at three locations across the UMN Twin Cities Campus. Posters can be printed on paper or cloth in as little as one business day.
REDCap is a secure, web-based system designed for data collection for research. REDCap training and support is offered by the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and is available at no cost to current University students, faculty, and staff.
OnCore Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS)
University research teams and administrative staff use OnCore to manage studies, electronically capture and monitor data, generate reports, handle financial activities, and adhere to regulations. For help using OnCore, contact Chris Wright.
Office of Information Technology (OIT) Tech Training
This website has a list of online and in-person software and hardware course offerings available to UMN students, faculty, and staff. Trainings available include Google Apps, WebEx, and Drupal.
Lynda.com is a library of online training videos and is available at no cost to UMN students, faculty, and staff. It can help users learn technology, creative, and business skills from industry experts.
Qualtrics is an easy-to-use, full-featured, web-based tool for creating and conducting online surveys. Qualtrics has a range of features to meet both simple and complex survey creation and distribution needs.