We are not accepting applications at this time.
The Scholar position is a junior faculty appointment, not a fellowship. At the time of the appointment, candidates for support as MCCWH Scholars must:
- Have a clinical doctorate or Ph.D. degree or its equivalent;
- Have completed any postgraduate training normally expected for a faculty appointment in their field (including clinical or postdoctoral fellowship training, or residency if they have chosen not to subspecialize);
- Have no more than six years of research or research training experience beyond their last doctoral degree However, in order to accommodate the needs of those interested in participating in this program that may have had a career hiatus because of family responsibilities, uniformed service, etc., there is no limit on time elapsed since completion of training;
- Identify mentors with extensive research experience;
- Be able to spend at least 9 person months (or at least 6 person months for surgical-specialties) of full-time professional effort conducting research and research career development activities;
- Not be or have been a PD/PI on an R01, R29 or subproject of a Program Project (P01), Center (P50, P60, U54) grant, independent mentored career development (K-series) grants, or other equivalent research grant awards; except for R03 and R21;
- Be a U.S. citizen or noncitizen national, or must have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence and possess an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-155) or some other verification of legal admission as a permanent citizen. Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible.
- Have at least 75% protected (50% for Surgeons) time for up to three years of the award to conduct the proposed research.
- Devote a minimum of 9 person-months per year during appointment period
- Interprofessional mentoring team of at least 3 including:
- Primary mentor (must be at the University of Minnesota)
- Secondary mentors, at least two
- At least one mentor must have statistical and methodological expertise.