Your well-being and mental health are our top priority. This webpage provides you with a list of resources to contact in case of emergent, urgent, and support type situations.
We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
24/7 available help, please call 1-800-273-8255
If you identify someone or identify yourself in need of emergent services:
Seek out the nearest Emergency Room
402 University Avenue E.
Saint Paul, MN
24/7 Mobile Crisis Team and Crisis Phone Line :
Confidential Program Support
If you have an acute mental health concern, that does not require an immediate response, contact your program director. Your program director will work with the GME office to obtain a priority appointment for mental health assistance.
Confidential 24/7 Outside Support
Resident and Fellow Assistance Program (RAP)
610 North Main Street, Suite 200
Stillwater, MN 55082 Phone: 651-430-3383 or 1-800-632-7643
Information about RAP
- 24/7 Resource: When the Sand Creek administrative offices are closed, their back-up clinical service answers calls at 651-430-3383 on a 24-hour basis. Licensed mental health professionals staff this service and provide immediate support and direction in dealing with crisis situations. You can feel comfortable accessing this program at any time of the day.
- Up to 5 session format. No Calendar year limitation- contact RAP whenever stressors arise.
- No cost to you or your immediate family members
- Flexible to accommodate your busy schedule: Appointments are available throughout the day, including evening and weekend hours. Telephone sessions offer additional flexibility.
- Service locations across the metro area and statewide: RAP is designed to be flexible and to accommodate your busy schedule. You may either talk with a counselor face-to-face at one of many Sand Creek clinical offices around the metro area, on-site at your work location, or schedule a telephone session to meet the demands of your schedule.
- Will coordinate longer term referral to community resources: When additional counseling support beyond the RAP benefit is recommended and desired, or in cases where more specialized services are recommended, you will be referred to professional resources outside of RAP for ongoing help. In those cases, your RAP counselor will work with you to locate appropriate, accessible and affordable resources, based on your specific needs, preferences and will take your health insurance coverage options into account.
- Confidential and collaborative service to provide external professional counseling and support services: Since privacy is a primary concern, an outside behavioral health agency, The Sand Creek Group, provides your RAP services in a strictly confidential manner. Except in cases where mandatory reporting of information needs to be followed, or in situations where safe patient care may be compromised because of a resident/fellow's current functioning status, your written consent is required to disclose any information.
- Clinicians familiar with Resident/Fellow culture: This is an employee assistance program designed specifically for residents and fellows. Sand Creek's counselors have particular expertise in dealing with the unique needs of individuals in their residency and fellowship training programs. Now there is a number you can call whenever the need arises: 651-430-3383. In making that phone call, you will receive help in addressing the issue and finding options for achieving resolution.