The University Imaging Centers offers slide scanning services for Brightfield and Fluorescence slides at all 3 locations.
Dropping Off Your Slides
After receiving your submission form UIC staff will reach out to confirm and coordinate slide drop-off.
Slides may be dropped off at the location selected on the form.
- UIC CCRB: Room 1-220
- UIC Jackson Hall: Room 1-151
- UIC Snyder Hall: Room 23
High Resolution Digital Slide Scanning at 20x and 40x (0.75 NA) Brightfield on the Huron TissueScope LE.
Brightfield Slide Scanning
- Fee per 1" x 3" slide is $15.00
- Fee per 2" x 3" slide is $25.00
Whole slide images are digitally accessible on computer monitors, and the benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Zoom in and out of digital slides to study regions of interest at a magnification of up to 40x.
- Capture publication-ready images at desired magnification
- Share data and annotation digitally over the Internet for presentations or peer reviews
- Perform accurate and reproducible quantification and image analysis.
Widefield Fluorescence Scanning at 4x, 10x, and 20x (385nm, 440nm, 470nm, 514nm, 555nm, 640nm LED excitation available). Additional magnifications available at higher rates.
Fee per 1" x 3" slide is $30.00 for up to two channels (optimal results with sections less than 10 microns, additional channels are available at a higher rate).
Confocal Fluorescence and Brightfield Scanning at 4x and 10x up to 4 channels (405, 488, 561 and 640 excitation available). Additional magnifications available at higher rates.
Fee per 1" x 3" slide is $50.00 (rate is higher for sections thicker than 15 microns).