Zebrafish Core Facility
The University of Minnesota Zebrafish Core Facility provides housing, feeding, management assistance, and embryo procurement services for University researchers who use zebrafish as a model organism.
The University of Minnesota Zebrafish Core Facility provides housing, feeding, embryo procurement, and management assistance for University of Minnesota researchers who use Zebrafish as a model organism.
The core also provides community outreach to local schools that are interested in using Zebrafish to get kids excited about science and biology.
Services provided to:
- University researchers
- Undergraduate classrooms
- Undergraduate researchers (UROP)
- Local elementary and secondary schools
- External University Researchers
- Fishroom: housing approximately 10,000 Zebrafish with over 100 transgenic, mutant, and morphant lines.
- Injection/microscope room: for injecting embryos, screening fish, and miscellaneous microscope work.
- Imaging room: for imaging Zebrafish at various developmental time points including time-lapse video, bright field imaging, fluorescent imaging, and optical section imaging.