As an academic anesthesiology practice, we truly value continuous learning. We offer many opportunities for our faculty to develop their skills and expand their knowledge in order to be successful academics and clinicians.
Grand Rounds and M&M
Every week, we alternate between Grand Rounds and Morbidity and Mortality Conferences (M&Ms). We hold Grand Rounds where both emerging and established experts from the University of Minnesota and beyond can share their expertise. At M&Ms, faculty, trainees and CRNAs discuss complex cases in order to push our standard of care higher.
Faculty Development & Mentorship
We support faculty to develop the skills needed to thrive in an academic department of anesthesia. Some efforts include:
- Faculty development program
- Providing an environment and specific tools to prevent physician burnout
- Education on research methods
- Preparation to be an oral board examiner
- Pairing all new faculty with an experienced faculty mentor
- Training on using Microsoft Excel for data analysis
Clinical Trial Education
We are driven to discover new ways to treat patients, and clinical trials are one way we’re doing that. We offer faculty training on how to conduct a clinical trial from start to finish and support them in publishing the results.