Education & Development
These are a few of the educational tools residents and fellows have found useful during their training programs.
Chief Orientation (developed for Chief Residents & Chief Fellows of multi-year fellowships)
Friday April, 29th, 2022 1pm-4:30pm
Chief Briefs (developed for Chief Residents & Chief Fellows of multi-year fellowships)
- October 4th, 2022, 4pm-5pm
- December 6th, 2022, 4pm-5pm
- February 7th, 2023, 4pm-5pm
- April 4th, 2023, 4pm-5pm
- Support Resources
- ACGME: Leadership Skills for Chief Residents Workshop
- Harassment - Academic Incivility
- Resident Well-Being Tools
- Student Conflict Resolution Center
- Working Better Together
Research Resources & Opportunities
The Bio-Medical Library provides information, resources, and services to support trainees' education, research, and clinical work.
- Bio-Medical Library Guide for Residents/Fellow
- Meet with a Librarian
- Research Databases
- For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IRB Required Training
The IRB required training site describe the minimal training requirements that must be completed by researchers and research personnel involved in the conduct of human research.
Research Survey Tool
Qualtrics is the preferred online survey tool of the University of Minnesota because it meets stringent information security requirements not found in most free online survey tools
Transfusion App: AgileMD
AgileMD is a web and mobile application that gives clinicians direct access to guidelines, protocols, and scoring tools. To access transfusion guidelines via this app, follow these instructions:
- Register for access here
- Download the AgileMD app:
- Log in using the account you created in step 1
- Open the Library tab
- In the F-N section, find Guidelines for Transfusion Therapy
- Load the guidelines onto your phone or tablet
This online resources offers quick, on-the-go access to transfusion therapy guidelines for Fairview (which includes the University of Minnesota Medical Center).
Transition to Practice Resources
- Managing Your Medical Career
- Navigating the Transition
- Curriculum Vitae Resources
- Job Interviews
- Choosing a Practice Setting
- Employment Contracting Resources
- Medical Licensure
- More information can be found here
Resident Leadership Academy Information
The Resident Leadership Academy provides training for residents to broaden their leadership skills as they move towards their professional goals.
Fostering principles of teamwork and collaboration to drive mutual accountability within the Medical School and across departments and disciplines. Facilitating the recruitment of physicians capable of becoming highly effective organizational leaders in the Medical School.
The Resident Leadership Academy participants are nominated through a selection process.
Kaz Nelson, MD Associate Designated Institutional Official
Upcoming Cohort Workshop Dates:
The dates of the full-day workshops are as follows:
- September 22, 2023
- October 27, 2023
- November 17, 2023
- December: No Meeting
- January 19, 2024
- February 23, 2024
- March 22, 2024
- April 19, 2024
- May 17, 2024
- June 20 & 21, 2024 (Two final in-person sessions)
For more information about the RLA program contact the Graduate Medical Education Office by emailing, email@example.com.