The Office of Continuing Professional Development (OCPD) is committed to delivering continuing education planned by the healthcare team for the healthcare team. OCPD is a Joint Accredited Provider operating as University of Minnesota Interprofessional Continuing Education. We partner with departments within the University of Minnesota, MHealth Fairview, external organizations, professional associations and hospitals/clinics to plan educational activities that meet Joint Accreditation requirements to offer accredited continuing education to the healthcare team.
As a Joint Accredited Provider, OCPD can offer CE credit to:
- Physicians (AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™)
- Nurses (ANCC contact hours)
- Pharmacists and/or Pharmacy Technicians (ACPE contact hours)
- Physician Assistants, PAs (AAPA credit)
- Athletic Trainers, ATs (BOC, Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer, CEUs)
- Additionally, OCPD collaborates with other departments within the University of Minnesota and/or submits applications for approval of other credit types including:
- Maintenance of Certification Part II for many specialty boards including ABIM, ABP, ABA, and more.
- MN State Board of Social Work
- MN State Board of Psychology
- MN Board of Behavioral Health
- MN Board of Marriage & Family Therapy
- MN Board of Continuing Legal Education
- MN Board of Dietetics & Nutrition Practices
- And more
OCPD’s mission is to support the continuing professional development of healthcare providers so they can learn with, from, and about each other to improve patient outcomes and community health.
In support of improving patient care, University of Minnesota, Interprofessional Continuing Education is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.