Steps to begin the course certification process
Review CE Course Considerations
Review Service Levels
Submit the online Request for Course Certification. The request form asks for details about the course including:
- What is the topic or title of this course?
- How did this course come about? What is the purpose of this course?
- Who is this course planned for? (Who is the target audience?)
- What type of CE credit(s) should be offered to attendees and why?
- How many credits are anticipated?
- Who is or will be involved in the planning of this course?
- How is this course funded?
- How many learners are anticipated?
- Is the content related to products or business lines of an ACCME-defined commercial interest?
What is the planning status? (i.e. Location and date secured, agenda drafted/finalized, etc.)
IMPORTANT: If your course has already been fully developed, planned, agenda finalized and/or promotional information has already been distributed, the course is not eligible to certification by OCPD. OCPD will be integrally involved in the design and development of all educational courses that it certifies for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. An OCPD Educational Team will work with you to develop your CE course. Your Ed Team will be in contact with you throughout the process to assure that your CE course is fully compliant with all applicable requirements.
Once a Request for Course Certification has been submitted, it will be reviewed by our CE Leadership Team and a member of our office will reach out to you to discuss next steps.
OCPD has a diverse portfolio of certified course spanning each calendar year. Contacting us less than 6 months prior to the date of your activity puts extra constraints on our, and your, ability to effectively support a compliant and successful course. OCPD cannot guarantee the ability to accommodate your course if you reach out to us without adequate time for planning.
If your course is less than 6 months away, OCPD may still be able to work with you but don’t delay in completing the Request for Course Certification.
OCPD does not provide detailed course-specific quotes for services until an course has been reviewed and approved by our Leadership team and assigned to an educational planning team. If you need fee estimates for OCPD services before this time, please refer to our Service Levels and Fees information. Note that OCPD fee rates are reviewed annually and are subject to change.