Marlena "Rose" Mueller
Dr. Marlena "Rose" Mueller is a board-certified physiatrist who specializes in sports medicine. She is active in resident and fellow education as an Assistant Professor in the department of PM&R at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Mueller completed her PM&R residency at Case Western Reserve University/MetroHealth Medical Center and completed her sports medicine fellowship at the University of Toledo. She currently practices non-operative sports medicine in Woodbury and Burnsville, and assists as a team physician for the University of Minnesota. In her spare time, Dr. Mueller enjoys downhill skiing, reading, traveling, and cycling.
My philosophy for patient care is to provide an evidence-based, comprehensive, and patient-centered treatment plan to optimize recovery. I enjoy working with athletes of all ages, activity levels, and abilities. My goal is to collaborate with my patients to improve their functional status, return to activity, and quality of life.
Honors and Awards:
- Resident Research Award
- Patient Safety Award
- Asikin Mentari MD Resident Scholarship Award
- Shu Q Huang, MD Resident Electrodiagnostic Scholarship Award
Dr. Mueller’s research interests include regenerative medicine, neuromuscular ultrasonography, and blood flow restriction therapy.
- Mueller M, Olsen A, Wissner R, Hileman C, Cleland T. Septic arthritis after intra-articular corticosteroid injection. In Submission, 2022
- Hillery T, Mueller M, Rainey H. Atraumatic calcific tendinitis of the second digit flexor tendon sheath, a case report. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2021
- Grabnar M, Mueller M, Kim C. History of Radiofrequency Ablation. Radiofrequency Ablation Techniques. Abd-Elsayed Ed. Elsevier. July 1, 2023
- Mata N, Mueller M, Kim C. Gastric Stimulation. Interventional Pain Management: Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: A comprehensive guide. Trescot A ed. Elsevier. Dec 12, 2022
- Pediatric and Adult Sports Medicine
- Performing Arts Medicine
- Sports-related concussion
- Regenerative medicine
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine