Welcome to the University of Minnesota Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship Program. The CNP program is ACGME-accredited and was one of the first neurological subspecialties to gain accreditation.
Building on our rich history, we provide excellent training in:
- Adult and pediatric epilepsy
- Video EEG monitoring in all age groups
- ICU EEG monitoring
- Routine EEG
- Neurophysiologic intraoperative monitoring (NIOM)
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Sleep medicine and polysomnography
Clinical and didactic experiences include a variety of EEG application, EMG, nerve conduction studies, evoked potentials, intraoperative monitoring, polysomnography, and autonomic testing. These experiences can be customized to meet the fellow’s educational and career goals.
We provide excellent training to prepare for an academic or private practice career through:
- Experiences in different hospital settings including
- University of Minnesota Medical Center
- Minneapolis VA hospital
- Hennepin Healthcare (HCMC), a community hospital.
- Offering three tracks: EEG track, EMG track, EEG/EMG 50/50 track.
- Supporting flexible electives
- Providing opportunities for state of the art research
Upon completion of the program, fellows can choose to take an additional one-year epilepsy or neuromuscular fellowship.
Tuesday: Neurology, Neurosurgery, Neuro-Radiology joint case conference
Wednesday: Epilepsy Case Management Conference
Thursday: Epilepsy Journal Club and EEG Conference
Friday: EMG and NCS Conference
Requirements & Application Procedures
Applicants must have completed an ACGME-accredited residency in neurology, psychiatry or pediatric neurology and have passed the USMLE Step 3 examination at the time of entrance into the program and must be ABPN board-eligible/certified in Neurology.
Applicants meeting the above qualifications are asked to submit the following:
- A curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty/mentors on letterhead with signature
- A personal statement of interest in this fellowship or career path
- Copy of UMSLE or COMLEX official score reports
- A copy of your current ECFMG certificate (for International Medical Graduates)
- Email mention of current visa status (only J-1 visas sponsored by ECFMG are accepted)
- Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship Application
Please send the above materials by email or US Postal Service:
- Cathie Witzel email@example.com
- Sent via U.S. mail to:
Cathie Witzel, Fellowship Coordinator
University of Minnesota, Dept. of Neurology
420 Delaware St SE, MMC 295
Minneapolis, MN 55455