Pelvic Short Course (PHSL 5525) Registration
Next Course Offering
January 4-6, 2023
All students must register as either Non-Degree or Degree Seeking Students. Select the tabs below for more information.
Students in this group include people in industry, students from outside the University of Minnesota, non-degree UMN students, students who register for classes via the College of Continuing Education, and all others who do not exactly fit the U of MN degree-seeking student description below.
There is a charge of $1950 for this course. This includes an non-refundable administration fee of $200. Cancellations/Refunds: Cancellations received on or before Dec 5, 2022 will receive a refund minus a processing fee of $200. After that date, we cannot offer a refund, but we allow a participant to substitute a coworker in his or her place. We can only accept credit cards with one transaction per person. We cannot take checks and we cannot register groups. There is no group discount. Registration is open until the class fills or early January.
The link below will bring you to the registration system for Non-University students called Destiny One. During this process, you will be set up with a University of Minnesota guest ID that you can use to when registering for future classes and using the UMN library system. FYI - when completing the registration forms, you only need to complete the fields with a red asterisk.
**Graduate students at the University of Minnesota that are currently enrolled in a degree-granting academic program as indicated on your U of MN transcript. UMN graduate students are given priority over undergraduate students.
• You must already be enrolled in a degree program as a University student to take this course for academic credit. For Spring 2023, this course will be offered for 1 credit only.
• Department permission is required for registration. Most students are enrolled in graduate or professional programs, but qualified undergraduates may also join the class, especially physiology undergraduates.
In addition to your tuition, you will be billed for a course fee of approximately $326. This will be billed to your Spring semester student account. The course fee is primarily for use of human cadavers in the afternoon labs, as well as for equipment use. Tuition is determined by your college program, and our department does not have specific information on that. Click here to get more information from OneStop Student Services.
1. Complete the Student Info Google Form to pre-register (link above). You will receive a permission number needed to register if you fit the required student group.** Please make sure there are no holds on your records, as that will delay your registration.
2. Please note: There will be one take-home exam. The score on that exam and individual participation in the labs and lectures will be used to determine the final grade. One graduate credit will normally be awarded for this course.
Registration is open until the course is full. Typically, this class fills quickly.
Course Credit Information
*** This year (Spr 2023, the course will only be offered for 1 credit).
Please note, no academic credit will be awarded to students who are not already currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the U of MN. If you take a short course and pay the non-student fee, and then later decide you want graduate academic credit, you must:
1. Take and pass the take-home exam.
2. Register for academic credit and pay tuition, but you do not have to again attend the class.
3. Even if you do not register as a University student, you can still receive a letter grade for the short course, and in most cases, get reimbursed by your company. You will receive a letter from the IBP's Director of Education confirming your attendance and certifying a grade that you would have received if you were a degree-seeking student, providing you opt to complete the take-home final. This letter will serve as proof that you took the course. If at some point in the future you enroll in a graduate program you could get retroactive credit on your transcripts for the short course. Email Jane Barnard at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive a letter grade after you complete this class.
Additional Information (Directions / Parking / Meals)
• Directions: Class will be held downstairs in Nils Hasselmo Hall, located at 312 Church St SE, Minneapolis. This is on the East Bank campus, nearest to I-94. However, it can also be easily reached from 35W. Click this link for an interactive campus map.
• Parking: There are several parking ramps and parking lots near the course, and you can find them on the map linked above. This cost of parking is not included in your course fees.
• Materials: You may want to bring pen and paper or a laptop for taking notes For security purposes, we will provide name tags for you to wear and ask that you clip them on each day. Also on the first day of class, each student will be assigned a private locker in the anatomy lab area, for your use during the course.
• Meals: A continental breakfast and a box lunches will be provided each day.
• Housing: For those that are coming from out of town, there are several hotels very near campus. The Graduate hotel is about one block from class. Click here a listing of local Lodging.
• Accommodations: If you need any disability or other individual accommodations please contact the IBP Department at email@example.com/ 651-285-5320
• More Information: If you can't find your answers here, or on the course website, feel free to contact Jane Barnard in the IBP Department for more information: 651-285-5320 or firstname.lastname@example.org.