Breast Imaging Fellowship
Minimum entry requirements include successful completion of a diagnostic radiology residency from an ACGME or equivalent residency program in the USA or Canada.
Applications from graduates of non-US radiology programs are considered on a case-by-case basis if the duration of the completed training is at least five years including one year of clinical training. Please note however that for international graduates at least one of the recommendation letters has to be from a US radiologist or US institution.
- Interviews will be held virtually per SCARD embargo agreement.
- November 1 - March 31
Fellows get in-depth exposure to all aspects of diagnostic breast imaging including:
- Digital mammography
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Contrast-enhanced dual energy mammography
- Breast tomosynthesis
Fellows also gain experience in many types of interventional procedures including:
- Stereotactic-, US- and MRI-guided breast biopsies
- US axillary lymph node biopsy
- Wire localizations
- Nuclear medicine sentinel node injections
Fellows may also rotate to other major breast imaging centers in the Twin Cities metro area.
Fellows should be willing to read widely and in-depth about all aspects of breast imaging and diagnosis. They should participate in quality assurance, accreditation and all other administrative aspects of a successful breast imaging practice. They should do these things in order to promote the habit of lifelong education, to prepare themselves as resources in their medical and lay community for all aspects of breast health above and beyond what increased practice experience can provide, and to be ready to assume leadership roles in their practice, medical community and lay community relative to breast health and as well as other community needs.
Health and Dental Insurance- Fellow shares costs
- Life Insurance - $50,000 term policy
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Paid Vacation - 4 weeks annually
- Paid Sick Leave - 2 weeks annually
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- Access to STATdx and RADPrimer