Interventional Radiology - Independent Residency Program
Our Independent Interventional Radiology (IR) Residency Program is ACGME-accredited.
We are participating in the upcoming Independent IR Residency match for 2025-2026. We will be accepting applications for ESIR pathway radiology residents for a 1-year position.
Diagnostic radiology residents who are on the ESIR pathway and have completed the first year of IR training at their home institution (in their R4 year) can place directly into the second year of the Independent Residency.
Graduates of the Independent IR Residency qualify to take the IR/DR examination offered by the American Board of Radiology (ABR). The IR/DR certificate recognizes competency in both diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology.
See our Diagnostic Radiology Residency page for info on ESIR designation.
A complete application via ERAS must include:
- Three letters of recommendations, including one from Radiology Residency Program Director
- Dean's letter (MSPE)
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Official medical school transcript(s)
- All USMLE and/or COMLEX scores
Application deadline December 5.
To be eligible for appointment, the candidate must be:
- A diagnostic radiology resident in good standing at an ACGME-approved program.
- Applicants must have passed the ABR core exam prior to entering the Independent IR Residency program.
- Applicants from non-US radiology training programs must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).