Preparing for your referral trip abroad
Adoption Medicine Clinic (AMC) physician staff are available to consult with you while you're abroad to meet or visit your referred child:
- Create an account in our Log system. (We are happy to look at preliminary info that you might receive before you travel, as well as to work with you when you’re there.)
- Review the preparation info on this page.
- Plan to bring the required communication technology (e.g., laptop, digital camera, digital video recorder) with you - and make sure to practice first!
- While traveling, gather medical history and information, photographs and video clips. Then upload them to the Log system. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having any upload issues while you're abroad. We will do our best to respond within 24 hours.
Traveler Preparation & Planning Packet
The Traveler Preparation & Planning Packet includes information on how to make the most of your trip abroad while you meet your referred child. We have included resources for information gathering, developmental milestones, and how to take photos and videos that will be useful to the adoption medicine physician when making an initial health assessment. Included:
- How to take a good photo
- How to measure head circumference
- How to gather the child's health history
- Understanding the medical information in your referral
- Development information
We recommend you also bring copies of the growth charts that correspond to your child's age and weight.
Measuring Head Circumference
When you meet your referred child, we'll ask you to gather medical information and try to obtain a measurement of her or his head. Vist our webpage on How to Measure Head Growth and watch the video to learn how to take an accurate head measurement and why this step is an important part of the preadoption medical review.
- Denver Prescreening Developmental Questionnaire
- Waiver Letters
- Physician License
- Prescription Medicines
- Pre-travel Vaccinations