How To Apply
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine Fellowship interviews will be scheduled by invitation only. The number of postgraduate fellows in spinal cord injury medicine is limited to one fellow for the academic year. Interviews will be held in September. Candidates will also have an opportunity to meet faculty and discuss the fellowship at the annual Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals (ASCIP) conference.
Applicants must have completed an ACGME accredited residency program in physical medicine and rehabilitation, anesthesiology, emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, neurological surgery, neurology, orthopaedic surgery, pediatrics, plastic surgery, surgery or urology and be board-eligible or board-certified in their specialty.
SCIM Fellowship interviews 2023-2024: the SCI medicine PD group and the University of Minnesota have encouraged conducting virtual interviews for the '23-24 academic year.
- Personal Statement
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Three Letters of Recommendation (LoR) sent from author directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One faculty LoR from applicant's residency program director
- Two additional LoRs
- Please email all application materials (except LoRs) to email@example.com using the subject: SCIM Fellowship App
- J1 visa applicants are eligible
- H1-B visas are not available
Applications are due by Aug. 31 for training beginning Aug. 1st of the following year.
*It is highly recommended to submit on or before this date to give adequate time for programs to review your application and arrange for an interview. Programs may accept applications on a case-by-case basis after this date.