PHDR invites you to join us at our monthly Health Equity Seminar Series. The seminars provide a platform for academics and community engaged in health disparities resesearch and/or programming to present their work.
Dates: 2nd Tuesdays of the month (Sept - Jun)
Location: Zoom **Seminars will be held virtually until further notice.
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Continuing Education Credits Available+
+Provided by the Midwest Center for Occupational Health and Safety
February Health Equity Seminar: "The University's Role in Substance Use Disorder Leadership Post-COVID"
Dr Laura Palombi, PharmD, MPH, MAT, AE-C
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of MN, Duluth
Tuesday, February 8, 2022 | 12:00 pm – 1:00pm
2021-2022 Seminar Schedule
The schedule will be updated as topics are finalized. Please check back for updates.
- September 14, 2021: 2021 State of PHDR
- October 12, 2021: Stolen Breaths - Exploring Solutions to the Disproportionate Impact of Police Violence and the COVID-19 Pandemic on Black Lives | Rachel Hardeman, PhD, MPH
- November 9, 2021: COVID-OUT: Outpatient Treatment for SARS-CoV-2 Infection, a Factorial Randomized Trial | Carolyn Baramante, MD
- December 14, 2021: Healthy Engaged Lifestyle to Prevent Stroke (HELPS) Study | HELPS Research Team
- January 13, 2022: Conducting Research For and With Indigenous Communities | Mary Owen, MD
* Joint PHDR/FMCH Research Division Seminar
- February 8, 2022: The University's Role in Substance Use Disorder Leadership Post-COVID | Laura Palombi, PharmD
- March 15, 2022: Topic TBA | Richard Lee, PhD
* Joint PHDR/HEWG Seminar
- April 12, 2022: Topic TBA | Hispanic Advocacy and Community Empowerment through Research (HACER)
- May 10, 2022: Topic TBA | Michael Sundberg, MD, MPH
- June 14, 2022: Topic TBA | Rebekah Pratt, PhD
Last updated: 11/04/2021