I specialize in Pediatric Otolaryngology and Cleft/Craniofacial care. In addition to serving as fellowship director for Pediatric Otolaryngology, I am director of the Cleft Lip and Palate Program at Children's Minnesota.
Pediatric Otolaryngology/Cleft and Craniofacial
Undergrad: University of South Dakota
Med School: University of Minnesota
Internship: University of Minnesota/HCMC
Residency: University of Minnesota
Fellowship: Children's Colorado/University of Colorado
- Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Complex Pediatric Otolaryngology
Awards and Recognitions
- Mosher Award for Triological Society
- Minnesota Magazine Top Doctor Award
- Minnesota Community Caregiver Award
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- American Cleft and Craniofacial Association
- Triological Society
- American College of Surgeons
My research has primarily focused on pediatric facial scarring, including developing the first protocol for using eye-tracking technology to assess pediatric scarring in peers. I also study pediatric cleft and craniofacial care and outcomes.
- Scott AR, Shumrick CM, Hussein M, Ebert BE, Schnell A, Roby BB. Unplanned intensive care unit admission following cleft palate repair by head and neck surgeons. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surgy. 2023 Apr;168(4):688-695.
- Karp E, Scott A, Martin K, Zavala H, Chinnadurai S, Roby B. Developing an eye-tracking protocol to determine children’s visual perception of secondary cleft lip deformity. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2020 Mar;57(3):321-326.
- Thompson RL, Thorson HL, Chinnadurai S, Tibesar RJ, Roby BB. Prenatal consultation outcomes for infants with cleft lip with and without cleft palate. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2022 April 18.