Dr. Hilger specializes in facial plastic and reconstructive procedures including: face lift, chin implants, eyelid and brow lifts, pinning ears back, skin resurfacing, rhinoplasty, post-traumatic reconstruction, reconstruction of soft tissue defects following resection of cutaneous malignancies.
Awards & Recognition
Minnesota Monthly "Best Doctors" Numerous occasions
Mpls. St. Paul Magazine "Top Doctor" Yearly for the past decade
Best Doctors in America®
American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery - President 2007
Honorary Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, 2001
Dickinson Award, American Academy of Facial Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery - for appreciation of electronic media innovations, 1999
- 2004-2014: American Board of Otolaryngology
- 2011-present: President elect
- 2004-2014: Director
- 2014: President
- 2014-present: Senior Advisor
- 1996-present: American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- 1996-2000: Director
- 2000-2003: Secretary
- 2003-2006: Treasurer
- 2007-present: Senior Advisor
- 1988-present: American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- 2000-2001: Secretary elect
- 2001-2004: Secretary
- 2005-2006: President elect
- 2006-2007: President
- 1982-present: Minnesota Academy of Otolaryngology
- 1980-present: American Medical Association
- Larrabee W, Hilger P: The First Composite Face and Maxilla Transplant. JAMA, The Journal of the American Medical Association, November 25, 2009; 302(20): 2250-2251.
- Hilger P, Most S: The Next Decade. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, Mar-Apr 2010: 12(2):82-83.
- Rhee JS, Weaver EM, Park SS, Baker SR, Hilger PA, Kriet JD, Murakami C, Senior BA, Rosenfeld RM, DiVittorio D: Clinical Consensus Statement: Diagnosis and Management of Nasal Valve Compromise. Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 2010 143, 48-59
- Christophel JJ, Hilger PA: Osseocartilaginous Rib Graft Rhinoplasty: A Stable, Predictable Technique for Major Dorsal Reconstruction. Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, Mar-Apr 2011: 13(2): 78-83.
- McCarn K, Hilger PA. 3D Analysis of Tissue Expanders. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America, November 2011: 19 (4):759-765.
American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
AddressHilger Facial Plastic Clinic Centennial Lakes Medical Building
7373 France Ave S #410
Edina, MN 55435