As Wilson Scholars, students are assigned to a research laboratory and a mentor from the first week in July through the end of August. Scholars participate in a weekly lecture program focused on career development and present a poster at the annual Cardiovascular Scientific Retreat.
Download the Program Flyer
*Application for the 2021 program is closed*
- Substantial stipend for 9 week summer research program (from mid-June – early August)
- Certificate signifying status as a Lillehei Heart Institute Scholar
- All applications must include a Med school transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable), two letters of recommendation, a list of short term and long term goals, and a curriculum vitae. Submission of an undergraduate transcript is also recommended but not required.
- Application materials should be submitted online
- Applications will be accepted from January 15, 2022 through March 7, 2022.
Applications will be accepted from January 15, 2022 through March 7, 2022.
Download Program Flyer
Instructions for online application
Before you start the online application, you must have ALL of the following materials and information prepared:
- Your curriculum vitae (in MS Word or Adobe .pdf format)
- Your statement of short- and long-term goals (in MS Word or Adobe .pdf format)
- Contact info for instructors submitting letters of reference
These required items may be submitted online:
- Your official or unofficial university/college Med school transcript (see section I, below)
- Letter of reference (see section II, below) in MS Word or Adobe .pdf format
(Submission of an undergraduate transcript is also recommended but not required.)
Go to the Online Application (form will not be live before Jan. 15, 2022)
I. If your college/university prefers to send transcripts directly, one may be sent:
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by snail or express mail:
LHI - Wilson Scholars
2231 6th St. SE, 4-165 CCRB
Minneapolis, MN 55455
II. If your referees prefer to submit letters of reference directly, their letters may be submitted:
Review and Selection of Awards
- Deadline for submission is midnight, March 7, 2022
- Notification of selection end of March, 2022.
- Requirements: Applicant must be a first-year medical school student.
Applications will be evaluated by a committee of representatives from the Medical School and from LHI.