The Meyer lab is investigating the interaction of heart rate and calcium cycling in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF). A main goal is the development of chronotherapy to improve symptoms and outcomes in HFpEF. In a bench-to-bedside approach we study disease models, human heart tissue samples and conduct clinical studies.
- Current Lab Projects
- Selected Publications
- Contact Info
Current Lab Projects
- Heart rate effects on cardiac hemodynamics and the myocardium
- Novel approaches and pharmacologic targets in HFpEF
- Mechanisms and dosing of chronotherapy
- Biosensor to monitor sarcoplasmic reticulum dependent relaxation
Full list of publications at Experts@Minnesota.
- Meyer M, LeWinter MM, Zile MR. A Targeted Treatment Opportunity for HFpEF: Taking Advantage of Diastolic Tone. Circulation. 2021 Oct 19;144(16):1269-1271.
- Arnold M, Dostmann W, Martin J, Previs M, Palmer B, LeWinter MM, Meyer M. Serca2a-Phospholamban Interaction Monitored by an Interposed Circularly Permutated Green Fluorescent Protein. American Journal of Physiology 2021.
- Silverman DN, Rambod M, Lustgarten DL, Lobel R, LeWinter MM, Meyer M. Heart Rate-Induced Myocardial Calcium Retention and Left Ventricular Volume Loss in Patients with HFpEF. Accepted for publication JAHA 2020
- Nambiar L, Silverman D, Vanburen P, LeWinter M, Meyer M. Beta-Blocker Cessation in Stable Outpatients With Heart Failure With a Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Card Fail. 2019 Aug 31. pii: S1071-9164(19)30616-5.
- Silverman DN, Plante TB, Infeld M, Callas PW, Juraschek SP, Dougherty GB, M Meyer. Beta-blocker Use and Heart Failure Hospitalizations in Patients with Preserved Ejection Fractions: A Secondary Analysis of the TOPCAT trial. JAMA Netw Open. 2019 Dec 2;2(12):e1916598.
- Meyer M, LeWinter MM. Heart Rate and Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction: Time to Slow β-Blocker Use? Circ Heart Fail. 2019 Aug;12(8):e006213.
- Wahlberg K, Arnold ME, Lustgarten D, Meyer M. Effects of a Higher Heart Rate on Quality of Life and Functional Capacity in Patients with Left Ventricular Diastolic Dysfunction. Am J Cardiol. 2019 Oct 1;124(7):1069-1075.