The series is designed to connect emerging science with psychiatric practice. Lectures allow for presentation by experts; Q&A allows for extensive involvement of audience and lends itself to large group of learners/participants.
- Summarize updates in diagnosis, treatment and research for various medical conditions.
- Compare diagnostic and treatment options with team members.
- Discuss appropriate strategies to address patient or team-based issues.
American Medical Association (AMA)
The University of Minnesota, Interprofessional Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other Healthcare Professionals
Other healthcare professionals who participate in this CE activity may submit their statement of participation to their appropriate accrediting organizations or state boards for consideration of credit. The participant is responsible for determining whether this activity meets the requirements for acceptable continuing education.
How to claim credit for attendance
You must record your attendance and claim credit from each session within 24 hours of it ending. You can do so by:
1. Sending a text message
2. Claiming your credit online
To claim by text message:
Step 1: You must have a CE Portal Account. Sign In at the top left of the CE Portal at z.umn.edu/CEPortal or create an account. NOTE: The CE Portal is NOT connected to other University of Minnesota or M Health Fairview systems. Be sure to include your cell phone number when you create your CE Portal Account.
Step 2 (one-time only): Pair your mobile number to your CE Portal account: Text your email address with which you created your CE Portal account to (833) 616-1157. You will receive a text notification indicating your phone number has now been updated - this means that your CE Portal account is now paired to your mobile number.
Step 3: Text the Activity ID # provided in the yellow box to (833) 616-1157. NOTE: This code will be displayed at the live event.
To claim credit online:
- Visit z.umn.edu/CEPortal to access the CE Portal.
- Login into your existing account or create one if you do not have one
- Once logged in, click on “My CE” in the top menu bar
- Select Claim Credit option
- Enter the Activity ID below, attest that you attended, and click the Submit Activity ID button
Upcoming Speakers (AY22)
May 4, 2022 | 11 am - 12:30 pm |
- Identify factors associated with increased risk to develop bipolar disorder
- Identify factors associated with increased risk to have mood recurrences in youth who already were diagnosed with bipolar disorder
- Describe the use of tools to predict the individual risk to develop bipolar disorder and mood recurrences
- Describe the genetic transmission of bipolar disorder from parents to their offspring.