Lab Safety

Emergency contacts

For non-urgent maintenance requests: complete this form.

Occupants of Research Building Management Services (RBMS) managed buildings should fill out a non-urgent work request form. If your request is urgent (floods, alarms, card reader doors, etc.), follow the protocol on the contact page.


During business hours (Mon-Fri 8am-4pm)

  • Step 1 - Call the appropriate Info Desks (WMBB: 6-5258) - (no answer move to step 2) 
  • Step 2 - Call the appropriate building coordinators (Sam Schroeder 612-301-5884, - (no answer move to step 3) 
  • Step 3 - Call the RBMS On Call Phone (763-760-4794) -(no answer move to step 4)
  • Step 4 - Call Daryl Lawrence (office, 612-625-9544, or cell 612-323-8362) - (after 20 minutes without an answer move to step 5)
  • Step 5 - Call Cheryl Miller (cell: 651-769-4664)

After hours (4:30pm-7:30am and weekends); start at step 3.

Radiation and Chemical Spills:

  • During business hours call 612-626-6002.
  • After business hours call 911 from a University phone.

For more information about research facility support at the University of Minnesota's Academic Health Center, visit Research and Building Management Services.