All laboratory personnel in the Center for Immunology must receive training and follow lab safety guidelines.
- Full list of required training for new employees
- Building Access
- RAR training and access (go to Required Training and follow ALL links)
Required training for lab safety
Lab safety resources
- Department of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories
- Laboratory Audit Checklist
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Hazardous Chemical Waste Management Guidebook
- Reporting and Managing a Laboratory Injury
- Reporting an Incident Involving a Potentially Hazardous Biological Agent
- Radioactive Waste Manual
- Office of Occupational Health and Safety
- Laboratory Safety Information
- Hazardous Waste Labeling for Non-Manufacturer Containers
For non-urgent maintenance requests: complete this form.
Occupants of Research Building Management Services (RBMS) managed buildings should fill out a non-urgent work request form. If your request is urgent (floods, alarms, card reader doors, etc.), follow the protocol on the contact page.
During business hours (Mon-Fri 8am-4pm)
- Step 1 - Call the appropriate Info Desks (WMBB: 6-5258) - (no answer move to step 2)
- Step 2 - Call the appropriate building coordinators (Sam Schroeder 612-301-5884, firstname.lastname@example.org) - (no answer move to step 3)
- Step 3 - Call the RBMS On Call Phone (763-760-4794) -(no answer move to step 4)
- Step 4 - Call Daryl Lawrence (office, 612-625-9544, or cell 612-323-8362) - (after 20 minutes without an answer move to step 5)
- Step 5 - Call Cheryl Miller (cell: 651-769-4664)
After hours (4:30pm-7:30am and weekends); start at step 3.
Radiation and Chemical Spills:
- During business hours call 612-626-6002.
- After business hours call 911 from a University phone.
For more information about research facility support at the University of Minnesota's Academic Health Center, visit Research and Building Management Services.