Slide Scanning & Imaging Services
The University Imaging Centers offers slide scanning and imaging services at all 3 locations.
Dropping Off Your Slides
After receiving your submission form UIC staff will reach out to confirm receiving your submission form. When your slide scans are completed your slides will be available back at the drop-off for pick up.
Brightfield Slide Scanning
High-Resolution Digital Slide Scanning at 20x and 40x (0.75 NA) Brightfield on the Huron TissueScope LE.
- Brightfield scan of multiple H&E stained tissues on 1x3" slide at 20X
- Brightfield scan of human tonsil tissue (H&E stained) at 20X
Whole slide images are digitally accessible on computer monitors, and the benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Zoom in and out of digital slides to study regions of interest at a magnification of up to 40x.
- Capture publication-ready images at the desired magnification
- Share data and annotation digitally over the Internet for presentations or peer reviews
- Perform accurate and reproducible quantification and image analysis.
Fluorescence Slide Scanning & Imaging Services
The University Imaging Centers offers basic fluorescence slide scanning services to suit a wide range of experimental applications. Scanning requests that require advanced acquisition will be performed as an imaging service.
After receiving your submission UIC staff will reach out to discuss the details of your request.