The University Imaging Centers offers slide scanning and imaging services at all 3 locations.
Dropping Off Your Slides
After receiving your submission form UIC staff will reach out to confirm and coordinate slide drop-off.
Slides may be dropped off at the location selected on the form.
- UIC CCRB: Room 1-220
- UIC Jackson Hall: Hallway outside room 1-151
- UIC Snyder Hall: Room 23
Note: If you do not hear from us within 24 hours after submitting a request please send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brightfield Slide Scanning
High Resolution Digital Slide Scanning at 20x and 40x (0.75 NA) Brightfield on the Huron TissueScope LE.
Whole slide images are digitally accessible on computer monitors, and the benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Zoom in and out of digital slides to study regions of interest at a magnification of up to 40x.
- Capture publication-ready images at desired magnification
- Share data and annotation digitally over the Internet for presentations or peer reviews
- Perform accurate and reproducible quantification and image analysis.
Fluorescence Slide Scanning & Imaging Services
The University Imaging Centers offers basic fluorescence slide scanning services to suite a wide range of experimental applications. Scanning requests that require advanced acquisition will be performed as an Imaging Service.
After receiving your submission UIC staff will reach out to discuss the details of your request.