New Faculty Orientation
New faculty attend the Medical School’s New Faculty Orientation offered twice each year. The program features a primary overview session held in person (fall/spring), followed by two additional deep dive sessions around important topics in key mission areas. The New Faculty Orientation program provides an introduction and overview of Medical School resources, faculty development, research and mentoring opportunities, and promotion and tenure. Faculty have the opportunity to hear from key program leaders, and meet and network with other new faculty, peers and colleagues.
Register to attend the New Faculty Orientation overview sessions starting in the fall and spring, and receive invitations to the additional deep dive sessions noted below.
Fall 2023 Sessions
- Faculty Development & Engagement Deep Dive | Dec. 5, 2023, 8 - 9 am, Zoom
- Research Deep Dive | Jan. 30, 2024, 8 - 9 am, Zoom
Spring 2024 Session
- New Faculty Orientation | Apr. 25, 2024, 8 - 11 am, In Person (Mayo Building), with online option available
- Faculty Development & Engagement Deep Dive | May 21, 2024, 8 - 9 am, Zoom
- Research Deep Dive | Sept. 24, 2024, 8 - 9 am, Zoom
Fall 2024 Session
- New Faculty Orientation | Oct. 24, 2024, 8 - 11 am, In Person (Mayo Building), with online option available
- Faculty Development & Engagement Deep Dive | Dec. 3, 2024, 8 - 9 am, Zoom
- Research Deep Dive | Jan. 21, 2025 8 - 9 am, Zoom
Explore the faculty lifecycle to help prepare for milestones throughout your career
If you missed the Executive Vice President and Provost’s New Faculty Orientation for all University of Minnesota faculty, check out this useful list of key links to programs and services for new faculty
Get involved with the initiative Improving Campus Climate
Learn more about the Academy of Distinguished Teachers.
Provost's Office New Faculty Orientation
All new faculty at the University of Minnesota are invited to attend the New Faculty Orientation facilitated by the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost. This event introduces critical information and resources available to new faculty members from across the University. It includes presentations on promotion and tenure, tips on navigating the University, advice on utilizing resources to support teaching and research, and introductions to key University contacts and sources. The Provost's Office solicits a list of new faculty from departmental HR directors and sends invitations directly to new faculty member for this orientation held annually in the last week in August.
Tuesday, August 27, 2024
Tuesday, August 26, 2025