New faculty are invited to attend the Medical School’s New Faculty Orientation sessions held three times each year. These sessions provide an introduction and overview of Medical School resources, faculty development, research and mentoring opportunities, and promotion and tenure. New faculty are encouraged to register and attend a session, hear from key program leaders, and meet and network with other new faculty, peers and colleagues.
- Oct. 27, 2022 | 8:00 am - 11:00 am | Live Zoom Webinar | RSVP
- Feb. 2, 2023 | 8:00 am - 11:00 am | Live Zoom Webinar | RSVP
- Jun. 22, 2023 | 8:00 am - 11:00 am | Live Zoom Webinar | RSVP
- Oct. 26, 2023 | 8:00 am - 11:00 am | Live Zoom Webinar | RSVP
- Feb. 1, 2024 | 8:00 am - 11:00 am | Live Zoom Webinar | RSVP
- Jun. 20, 2024 | 8:00 am - 11:00 am | Live Zoom Webinar | RSVP
- Oct. 24, 2024 | 8:00 am - 11:00 am | Live Zoom Webinar | RSVP
Explore the faculty lifecycle to help prepare for milestones throughout your career
If you missed the Executive Vice President and Provost’s New Faculty Orientation for all University of Minnesota faculty, check out this useful list of key links to programs and services for new faculty
Get involved with the initiative Improving Campus Climate
Learn more about the Academy of Distinguished Teachers.
Provost's Office New Faculty Orientation
All new faculty at the University of Minnesota are invited to attend the New Faculty Orientation facilitated by the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost and the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs (OFAA). This event introduces critical information and resources available to new faculty members from across the University. It includes presentations on promotion and tenure, tips on navigating the University, advice on utilizing resources to support teaching and research, and introductions to key University contacts and sources. OFAA solicits a list of new faculty from departmental HR directors and send invitations to faculty member for this orientation held annually in the last week in August.