Promotion and Tenure Training Information
The following training resources are available for faculty and staff in the Medical School:
Promotion Procedure Guide
The promotion procedure guide helps department staff and faculty better understand the Medical School’s promotion system. The guide gives an overview of the process, timelines, faculty member responsibilities, resources and more.
Everything that Department Heads need to know about the promotion and tenure process can be found in this at-a-glance document.
TRAINING FOR FACULTY AND STAFF
Are you preparing for promotion next year? Attend a training session with our promotion committee co-chairs to ensure successful preparation of the promotion dossier materials. 2024 session dates coming soon!
MANDATORY TRAINING FOR DEPARTMENTAL PROMOTION COMMITTEES
The Office of Faculty Affairs will be providing mandatory training for faculty members who serve on their department's promotion and tenure committee. The goals of these sessions are to reground promotion criteria and address potential bias in departmental promotion and tenure reviews. ODEI will also be present to conduct implicit bias training in relation to promotional review.
- Jun. 22, 2023 | 1:30-3:45 pm
- Jun. 29, 2023 | 8:00-10:15 am
- Aug. 7, 2023 | 1:00-3:15 pm
- Sep. 20, 2023 | 1:00-3:15 pm
RSVP here to attend one of these sessions. All sessions will be held via Zoom.
- Slides for the Promotion & Tenure (Tenure & Academic tracks) presentation can be viewed here.
- Slides for the Clinician Track presentation can be viewed here.
Training Session Recordings
- 2023 Promotion & Tenure Training | Staff (session held on Mar. 9, 2023) | Recording
- 2023 Promotion & Tenure Training | Faculty (session held on Mar. 14, 2023 | Recording
- 2023 Clinician Track Training | Staff (session held on Mar. 16, 2023) | Recording
- 2023 Clinician Track Training | Faculty (session held on Mar. 21, 2023) | Recording