Affinity Group Funding Opportunities
CMAE is committed to fostering an inclusive environment for our medical students and their affinity groups. Toward this goal we engage student leaders in providing technical and fiscal support in leading their initiatives. Funding is not guaranteed and affinity groups must meet eligibility requirements to be considered.
Criterions for Eligibility
- Must be an active medical student/gap year (need to confirm this)
- Board members must be registered UMN Medical School Students
- Affinity group must be a Registered Student Organization (RSO) or Campus Life Program (CLP)
- Affinity group must be active in student lead initiatives that promote inclusive excellence at the medical school
To ensure the continuity of your affinity group initiatives, we advise you to develop a fundraising plan. CMAE can meet with affinity group board members to discuss and strategize opportunities to support your group initiatives.
Here is a list of other organizations on campus that allow students to apply for extra funding for student events.
1. Student Union and Activities
- Home | Student Unions & Activities
- Student Groups
- Advising a Student Group
- Student Groups | Grants & Funding
Grant Resources ¶
Financial Management Training (required to apply)
Student Activities Grants Webinar: July 24, 2023. Details coming soon.
2. Professional Student Government
3. Medical School Student Council
- Medical Student Groups | UMN
- Medical School Student Groups Funding
- Medical Student Council Funding Request Form
What type of funding are you requesting?
- Student group allocation = your organization's approved funds to use throughout the year
- Grant = any fund requests larger or outside of your organization's allocation
- Class funds = programming for entire class requested by class leadership
- Class 1966 Funds = funds to be used ONLY by approved Class of 1966 Funds selected recipients
- AOA = funds to be used ONLY by Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) honor society student group
- GHHS = funds to be used ONLY by the Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS) student group
4. CMAE Budget Request
For questions regarding funding please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org